Giving back to the community should be something you WANT to do, as you should want to strengthen the community you live and/or work in. However, if you’re feeling stressed for time, and just don’t really see how you can squeeze in volunteer hours on top of growing your practice and being with your family, think of volunteering as one of the best business moves you can ever make. And here’s why:
· Volunteering helps you make new connections and strengthen existing ones. Volunteering puts you in a great position to meet new people you normally wouldn’t have the opportunity to meet otherwise. It also allows you to work with people you’ve worked with before—in a different capacity. Teaming up for the greater good is a great way to strengthen your bond with coworkers.
· It broadens your repertoire. Any time you can learn new skills or strengthen existing ones is time well spend. Let volunteering serve as a way to gain new experiences.
· It helps you gain indirect marketing exposure. Volunteering is the perfect way to let marketing happen naturally. While you don’t want to enter the experience with the sole purpose of advertising your brand, it is only natural for discussion of what you do to come up.
· It can boost your reputation. Everything you do on and off the job impacts your reputation, and volunteering is a sure fire way to position yourself in a good light.
· It can help you to improve in all areas of your life. Volunteering, when your do it for the right reasons, makes you a better person as a whole. You’ll notice that you’ll experience personal growth and that you’re making better business decisions as you volunteer more often.
Volunteering doesn’t have to take a whole bunch of your time, but the time you do put into it can really strengthen the foundation for your small business. Plus, you might find that you really enjoy it. Start giving back and we promise, you won’t regret it. Check out this post for more reasons to volunteer: http://ampednow.com/friends/